Tuesday, March 10, 2015

March 8, Sermon at AVEFC

Another week has raced by. I can hardly believe it is Tuesday. Every day is filled; no time to turn around even.

To help get you in the right spirit, you can use these links to sing along to the songs we did. Enjoy. (It is good etiquette to let the ads run if they do not offend. It helps the artists make something since we are not buying their songs.)
10,000 Reasons - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtwIT8JjddM&list=PLfeMYZA1gW6ZlIFHbxfhXwBqVs6eqQHOU&index=6
Jesus Loves Me - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8gKXu6J2wE
Knowing You - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69tDg_m3lvw&list=PL5UNCqFDiVjimZN8-RkoZxcqw-G5uuxfd
Jesus Messiah - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdxSC1tHJn0


The sermon was from Mark 1:29-38. Go here to see it, as my writings are only a part of it.
Jesus went to the home of Simon and Andrew. Simon's mother-in-law was sick. Jesus helped her up and she was healed.
Hmmm. She didn't ask. She didn't need faith. She didn't do anything. Her proximity to Jesus healed her. He didn't command it, he touched her.
I have been trying to learn what it is God wants of us to be healed. I am still not sure. But seeing this account of a healing where one's faith is not involved means a lot to me. I don't think it is all based on our faith. Although God's ways are beyond our knowing, He has made things pretty simple when you find the right verses or experience. I have been healed from a death-bed. I did not participate in coming back, but I did believe He was with me, near me, near enough to touch me. Was that it? Then why am I not always healed of everything?
Guess that is what keeps me coming back is that there is so much to learn. Maybe He does not want me to feel like He is in my back pocket and I can just access Him whenever I like. I am pretty sure God is bigger than any pocket!
Did you see that the sick and demon possessed were brought? The two are common occurrences in those times and today we only allow for sickness. It seems the 2 overlap some, too. But Jesus is the cure for all.
I am sure that knowing Jesus personally makes a huge difference. Knowledge of Him and His deeds and words are not enough. One of my favorite songs is "Whom then Shall I Fear" and the line is "The One who reigns forever, He is a friend of mine." Wow, do you think of Jesus as your buddy, your friend? I am learning to do that as well as my Brother, my Advocate, my Savior and my Lord.
Now, if you have not noticed, God is a big fan of timing things just right. We went to John 2:1-11 where Jesus turned water to wine for his mother. He said it was not His time, yet his mother pressed Him into doing something by telling the servants to do whatever He says. I wonder how many times He performed small miracles for His household.
So after a day of teaching at the synagog, walking to Simon's house and healing his mom-in-law, that evening a crowd shows up with all their sick and possessed. Jesus healed many and drove out demons without letting them talk because they knew who He was. More of that timing thing showing up. Jesus got up before dawn the next morning, tired but determined to spend time alone with God. The disciples went looking for Him as people were showing up again. But Jesus said, No he wanted to go preach in other villages because, "That is why I have come." So Jesus is here to speak words to the lost. Jesus is the Word and he came to tell us about the Word, through the scriptures! I was really blown away about that revelation. Jesus = The Word of God and he his here to speak about himself using words he gave the prophets to write! How simple and yet it is so intricately wound into the fabric of the scriptures. I never saw it. Thank you Jesus for showing that to me. He is restoring God's word to the people and the people to God.
Matthew 7:21-23. I pray I am not going to be in the "I never knew you. Away from me." group. Don't get caught up in doing that which looks Godly, but is not called of God. It is so easy to be deceived, I must make sure I don't get into thinking I am doing right when it is not what God wants me doing or for the right reasons.
 Luke 19:6-10 Jesus went to the house of Zaccheaeus, a sinner, which was frowned upon. but Zacc said he would give away much and make reparations to those he harmed. Jesus answered his actions, "Today salvation has come to this house . . . For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost."
We look for the easy way to do things and God has another way, sometimes harder, but always better. Will you say "I will do it Your way. I will follow you."

May you find all things new in Him,
Frontier Woman @ FrontierChristianLiving 

No comments:

Post a Comment